Contact: Ian Conrich
- 2008 - Air New Zealand New Zealander of the Year in the UK
Presented by the New Zealand High Commissioner, at the Guildhall, City of
London. "In recognition of his achievements in establishing the Centre for
New Zealand Studies". First non-New Zealander to win the award.
TV3 News report
- 2005 - Rahera Windsor Award for New Zealand Studies
Presented by the Deputy New Zealand High Commissioner, at a reception at the University of Kent.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- 2004 - PhD in Film Studies, University of Surrey
- 1992 - MA in Film Studies, University of East Anglia
- 1991 - BA (Hons) First Class in Film and Philosophy, University of Kent
- 2008 - Maori language, pass at level one, Te Reo Ranana
- 1991 - Diploma in TEFL (Merit), English Language Centre
- 1988 - Certificate in Film Studies (Merit), British Film Institute/ University of
- Nov. 2005 to Aug. 2006 - Visiting Scholar, Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Oxford
- August 2005 - MacGeorge Visiting Scholar (with supporting award), University of Melbourne, Australia
- August 2001 - Visiting Scholar (with supporting award), University of Waikato, New Zealand.
- To date, Ian has received (and helped to receive) funding from awarding bodies and institutions in excess of £700,000. This includes an award of £100,000 from New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark, in 2008. A press release for this award appears on the New Zealand government's website.
- Other awards and funding received, include from the AHRC, British Academy, the London Centre for Arts and Cultural Exchange, CreativeNZ, the Chilean government, Middlesbrough County Council, and The Link Foundation.